Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Brothers and Babies....

     During the year of YiXis adoption process, the girls squealed over every pink baby outfit we bought, stroked the funny pink blankets and color coordinated her accessories. Their excitement and anticipation was obvious, no doubt they were going to love their baby sister.  I knew the boys would to, but I began to wonder to what degree.  They had no interest in the things we bought and casualy glanced at our updated pictures with no reply.  They joined in prayer for her adoption, and helped with fundraisers, but showed little emotion. My oldest even said he didnt really like babies much.  Uh- oh!
   It was the night after we arrived home with Yixi, and we were at one of the boys football games. I noticed my oldest son took the baby out of her stroller and chose to hold her through the game..hmmmm..


     The next morning he got out of bed early and carried the baby around the house.  This continued every day... here we are ten months later, and in any of his free time, who is in his arms?  Yep, that baby sister, gazing up at him, smiling, with a look on her face that says, " You're my hero."

And the other boys?  Yep, they fell in love too.  She has a brother doting on her all day long.   Her youngest brother  kisses her cheeks and says," You are the cutest baby ever!" while her middle brother, is looking out for her needs, always telling me he thinks she is hungry every time she frowns for a second.- smile-


As we find ourselves in the adoption process again, it's the boys saying, " I can't wait until Amy gets here!"  I guess YiXi stole their hearts after all....


No comments:

Post a Comment