Friday, August 30, 2013

The wait...

Rush, rush, rush with paperwork..and now we wait.
As I cleaned the kitchen, I noticed my six year old son sitting at the table holding a printed picture of his new sister.
" Mama, I wish Amy was right here in front of me, instead of in this picture." he replied.
I stopped washing and watched him stare at the picture lovingly.  He loves the little sister he's never met, so much he can't wait until she is here.  It is truly amazing to see love through the eyes of a child.

I remember one night as we brought a new 7 year old in to our home.  She  was so scared she ran right into her new room and curled up in a ball on the bed with her eyes closed.  We tried to talk to her, tried to sooth her with no response.  We eventually all left the room to unload from the trip and begin getting her settled in.... except for my five year old daughter.  She sat there on the end of the bed, waiting, reassuring, loving.   She sat there for an hour or more...then, as evening began to settle in I heard giggling, two girls giggling.  When I peeked in there were two little girls looking at eachother, giggling.  I saw the innocent, compassionate love that even a small child can demonstrate.

The love begins in their heart as they hold only a picture, as they pray for a child they have never met, as they help raise the money.  I love watching the posstive way adoption has affected every member of our family, bringing lessons of compassion, love, and even sometimes, patience into our home.

1 comment:

  1. Nice information, very useful to me. I remembered my first time adopting a child three years ago after reading this article. Thank you for refreshing my memory.

    Regards,
    Kunik Goel
    Surrogacy In India

    ReplyDelete