Monday, September 16, 2013

It's been a year!

I can not believe a year has passed since THAT day...


Almost two days had passed with no sleep ( I am not one of those people who can sleep on the airplane) After the flight we took the bullet train to Jinan, where our wonderful guide met us at the station and informed us out baby would be at our hotel in 30 min! Quite a surprise as we thought it may even be the next day.  We dropped our luggage, grabbed our cameras and ran to the lobby.  Every time that automatic door opened, I jumped to my feet, my heart racing, only to see a tourist walk through the door.

As each car pulled up my heart beat faster, my hands were shaking... every minute took forever. 
Then, in through the door came MY baby. THIS was the moment I had waited so long for. THIS was the moment that got me through all those months of paperwork and appointments... Through the door came a nanny holding the most beautiful and tiny little girl, weighing only 14 pounds! (at almost 2 years old)

She went right into my arms, no tears. She looked at me as if she knew that I was her Mama and I was there to get her.  I held her close, still in shock that this long awaited moment had finally arrived.  She was perfect, in every way. 
Once we unbundled her, I realized how malnourished she really was...
She was too weak to even sit up on her own for a few minutes without falling over...and there our journey began.


As we waited for an appointment that week, we saw the first smile...

Over the course of the year to follow we saw many "firsts." From sitting,



 to crawling,   to standing, 



to walking! Yes, walking! 





She learned how to eat solid food... ( She had been on an all liquid diet through a bottle)


We had lots of medical appointments, cardiology, endocrinology, audiology, ENT, nutritional, physical and speech therapy weekly...


but the greatest thing we learned was about love...








We thank God for choosing us to be the family that gets to enjoy her every day.  She has added so much joy to our house! Her smile is contagious, and her hugs melt your heart. We feel so blessed to have YiXi Love !!















No comments:

Post a Comment